I loved the 46-52? chevy pickups with the sunvisor outside the cab. It was an option.

I leave my sunroof up when it's really hot as long as there is no threat if rain. That helps some.

I have found that the use of my custom Covercraft windshield sunshade is the most efficient means of keeping interior temperatures as low as possible, given the climate. I think it set me back less than $30, and I got it 2-3 days after I ordered it. I have had them for every car I own.

Dan