Grant probably read "Rainbow Six."  Personally, I loved the ending.

For all of those who deeply desire to "go natural" I offer this suggestion
and challenge.
Travel to your favorite jungle or desert or "wild place". Stand at the edge
and take off your shoes, all of your clothing, your watch, credit cards,
car keys, all the bits that tie you to civilization, including your water
bottle [plastic you know, bad bad bad] .

Then take one step forward away from these "bad things" and keep walking.
Commune with nature, sleep on the ground, drink where you find water, eat
where you find food. Become "one with nature". Do this for one year.

Then come back to "bad civilization" [if you can find your way back] and
tell us all how it worked out. [Good Luck]

I eagerly await your story upon return.

Grant... Ohh.. and don't feed the bears... ;)