He's probably honest about the engine, but the problem with a non-running car
is that it's impossible to test and evaluate a long list of things like the
transmission, HVAC, suspension, electrical system, brakes, ABS, etc.  That's
why the car is with little more than scrap.

Best option for the owner would be a turbo OM606 including the factory
intercooler, but use the injection pump from this car.  Step up in power,
reliability, refinement, lower fuel consumption, cleaner burning.

--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC