Actually I was going to say them same thing about gridiron, it's sort of based on rugby, right?

Hendrik
who is about to go and watch Aussie Rules

On 10/05/13 21:59, Gerry Archer wrote:
I get the impression that Aussies don't spend as much time worrying about current events as Americans seem to do, but they take their sports very seriously.

I watched Australian Rules football back in the '80s when it was on PBS.
The players kick the ball, run with it, pass it, tackle each other, etc.; all in sort of a haphazard way.
Meant to try and find the rules, but got busy and never did.
Gerry