From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Mountain
Man
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2013 9:19 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - Motor Rotation

John wrote:
> Ordering OE burrs is probably the best bet; many of the aftermarket
> ones
have fit and/or durability issues...

> (This is presuming a commercial grinder...)
>
> You might also want to check the bearings in the motor; I replaced
> burrs
years ago, and didn't look at the bearings; I ended up having to tear it
down again to replace those.

Thank you for the advice.
Vintage (1980's?) Quick Mill 025B is not commercial, but it has decent
cutting burrs, I think.  Search ebay for item 380639095939 for item same as
mine, yes I use 220v step-up transformer.  I guess I will need to contact
quickmill to see if they sell burrs so that I can insure proper fit -
shipping is too expensive to mess around with poor fit.  If you have
resources that you know, please pass them on - thanks.  I probably don't do
expresso much justice with laPavoni Europiccola and Quick Mill, but... I try
to do what I can to enjoy what I pull as espresso, with a tad of half/half
for what I have been told is named cortado.  What type of espresso equipment
do you use?  Better yet... for mercedes email group, what mercedes do you
drive - I drive 3-pedal 240D 1984.  Does anyone else here do espresso?  Does
anyone else here read home-barista online forums?
mao