It depends on the machine, the beans and the person working the machine and
beans.

(With old beans, poor quality beans, or a low-end machine, then it is less
likely; with fresh, good beans and any sort of pump-operated machine (without a
pressurized portafilter), then yes, it's highly likely that a normal  (even a
non-coffee type) person could taste the difference).

There are really only 2 ingredients; coffee and water, with such a simple
recipe, ingredient quality and will have a much more noticeable effect...

--
John W Reames
jream...@verizon.net