Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:30:30 -0500
From: Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240D oil leak

Tensioner is not something you take apart as it is under spring
pressure.  you replace the unit.  I have only seen leaks at the oring
seal to the head.   I can't remember the 616 style, but I think it is
the same as older types that is held in with two bolts, one also
being half on the exh manifold.  OM60x is screw-in style.  You
remember which it is I am sure.  616 has been so reliable, I only
ever had one apart, and that was years ago.

OM621 also has a U shaped banjo fitting tube that runs  from the
front of the head to the front of the block.  It is an oil supply.  I
have been guilty of forgetting to tighten those banjo fittings,
leading oil leaks.