Vacuum (siphon )coffee maker - is anyone familiar with this type of
coffee maker?
I have some spare parts if someone wants to experiment.
Here is youtube showing the kit (paraphernalia):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgSCHyF_XO8

What I did was grind the coffee too fine and the bottom bowl imploded.
 Siphon coffee uses basic physics - water expands when heated to
vapor, water contracts when vapor cools.  Heat water in a closed pot
and we have a pressure cooker.  Siphon coffee - there is an outlet in
the pressure vessel that is submerged in the hot water and drives the
hot water out of the bottom due to expanding water vapor.  Remove the
heat and the resultant vacuum in the bottom vacuum sucks the brew in
the top, thru the filter in to the bottom pot.  This is my favorite
coffee brew method, except when I use grinds finer than french press
and choke the filter and implode the bottom bowl - btdt several times,
which is why I offer a top bowl to someone that perhaps wants to
experiment in siphon coffee.

Details:
You pay actual shipping (~$7) and I ship top bowl, filter plate, top
cover plastic, wire trivet.
You buy bottom bowl and 5 filter cloth all at closeout price at
orphanespresso ($11+$4+shipping) and you too learn the fun of a
wonderful cupp siphon coffee.  Careful - i.e. do not grind coffee too
fine.
mao