Brian Toscano wrote:
Does this mean the quality of Craftsman parts is improving?

About 10 years ago there was a night and day difference between Snap On and
Craftsman.

It's a special line of Craftsman, where a single 1/2" ratchet costs $80 instead of getting a 155pc set of 1/4"-3/8"-1/2" for $150 or on sale for $80.

The regular Craftsman stuff, what I bought a few years ago isn't as nice as what I bought in the 1980s, and what I bought in the 1980s doesn't feel as good as what my dad bought in the 1960s.

Mitch.