> > G. M. Brown wrote:
> >
> > Is there someone who can explain why the workshop manual indicates
> > the resistor within the FSU is 4.7Ohm when it's marked (Note: there
> > is no color banding/coding) 330R and measures 329.8Ohm out of the
> > circuit?

> Craig wrote:
>
> Well, 330R would indicate 330 ohms. Measuring 329.8 is really close to
> that. Now why the manual says 4.7 ohms and the resistor inside is 330
> ohms, I cannot say. Perhaps that is the cause of your errant readings.
> I would try changing it to 4.7 ohms and seeing what that does.
>
> IIRC, the resistance of the sender is lowest when the fuel level is
> the highest. In that case, if everything else is working correctly,
> your fuel gauge should read less than full with a full tank. I know
> you said earlier, but I don't remember. What were the symptoms.

The wagon sender is different than a sedan as it is much shorter.  This
means the resistor is also a different value.  I did not look at the
manual,  but if the manual is for a sedan and you have a wagon that
could be the difference.   Just speculating on limited data.

--    Philip

       P.S.  To be honest - and blunt - I'm not very motivated to put
       forth much effort into this problem since you (G.M. Brown) seem
       to expect us to solve your problems, are contemptuous of our
       help, and don't seem to read the questions and replies.  I can't
       speak of others, but I certainly am more will to dig, read,
       measure, research, etc. if the person I'm helping isn't
       demanding and is eager to do as much work as he can.  Courtesy
       goes a long way. The only reason I'm sending this postscript is
       it doesn't seem fair for me to "hold back" and you to not know
       why.  No offense intended. *smiles*