Darren got himself and ATTABOY!

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max" <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 12:06 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Spoke too soon? Three calipers later,brakes are done! New issues arise...

Excellent!
--
Max Dillon
Charleston, SC
'95 E300, '87 300TD, '73 Balboa 20

Darren Marshall <onecreat...@gmail.com> wrote:

Took her out for the first real time tonight after I checked the
throttle linkage and noticed I still had some give on the cable, since
that was the original culprit I tweaked it and she's purring nicely. I
will still be checking through all the basic maintenance things, I just
had a hunch I was being a bit self-conscious on take off.

See, these short city blocks don't give much room to top out, and I
wasn't quite used to how doggy it would actually be. I hadn't thought
to start in L to give me higher revs off a full stop, so I gave that a
go and after shifting to second and topping, I shifted to D.

That got me close to 35 on the streets nearby, which is more than
suitable for trolleying around Chicago... didn't want to get on the
freeway quite yet. Soon though... I'm confident with enough road it
will work out.

Darren Marshall
http://doejo.com
http://bowtruss.com