Trying to find a 3/8" drive 12 mm Allen socket this morning, I tried to call
the tools desk/shop at Snears.  'Can't even find a number in the local
directories for STORE main #!  There are several 800 and 888 #s listed for such
as Home improvement items, siding, roofing, air conditioning, appliance
installation and 2 or 3 other general categories, but no # related to tools.
Called auto service hoping somebody could tell me a store main #, but could not
get anybody to answer.  Finally got a answer (in India it sounded like) on home
improvement #; told 'im I was trying to reach tools dept at local store; 'gave
me a # of somebody trying to take reservations for hotel suites.  'Said to
SWMBO, "Can't find a local # for the Sears store."  Few minutes later, I heard
her in another room on the phone.  She soon came in and handed me the phone
while saying, "Here, talk to my husband."  Guess what?!  Same guy in India I
had talked to 30 minutes earlier; gave me the same wrong #; told 'im, "30
 minutes ago, all I could get on that # is somebody selling hotel
reservations."  Then he said, "Go on internet and find the tool in tools
catalog."  I did, but still unable  to find anybody (clerk) to check shelf in
local store for the item.  'Finally called friend who knows everybody in the
county plus their phone numbers.  He didn't have the # readily available but
said he'd call back; called few min later and said, "Try this #."  I recognized
the # he gave me as the OLD (years ago) main store #; friend musta had it in
his cell phone.  I dialed the # - shonuff operator at local main store
answered!  'Asked for tools dept; finally got answer; asked again for tools
-mechanic's hand tools; 'put me on hold listening to damned music that I DON'T
like for 15 minutes; finally hung up and dialed again; told operator, again,
"Trying to reach tools dept/desk."  On hold again 'bout 5 min; different guy
came on asked him if they have "3/8 drive 12 mm Allen socket."  'Came back on
in coupla mi
 nutes, "Biggest we have is 10mm."  NEARLY TOW HOURS TO GET AN ANSWER!  Sears
service has gone to hell.

Meanwhile, I found 1/2" drive 12 mm Allen socket at Autozone, but had to get
package containing 2 larger Allen sockets also.  'Think I can punch the Allen
wrench out of the 1/2 drive (or saw it off) and stick one end of it in a 3/8"
drive 12 mm socket to "make" the 12 mm Allen socket I was trying to buy.

Wilton