It's funny, as my former employers, both right wingers, one more so than the
other, played into this panic in 2008. Since they both have a fair amount of
disposable income, they were buying up rounds of every possible type and size
that fit their large collection of firearms.

Our postal carrier hated delivering to our business, as many of these ammo
manufacturers used USPS Priority Mail to deliver their products. This means a
typical day's delivery might consist of 5-6 large 60 pound boxes.

These guys seemed to be in a mild panic, calling and emailing suppliers on a
daily basis to buy up whatever they could get their hands on. Anything under
1000 rounds was not acceptable.

I always chuckled about this, as I figured 10 years from now they'll have this
huge pile of ammo they will never use...

Dan

Sent from my iPad