A lawnmower without a governor is a tough to use lawnmower, although I suppose you could just set it to run flat out all the time but then you're wasting fuel.

It'd be hard for me to say without laying my hands on it and the parts breakouts aren't any real help, you'd need to see one. Maybe look for a lawnmower forum and hopefully find somebody who has the same thing as you?

I usually just sit on a box or something and stare at the thing and then try fitting the pieces together in a million different ways until I slap my forehead because I should have realized it an hour ago. The linkages are often difficult to put together because they're not really supposed to come apart but resist the urge to bend them into different shapes, that never works out.

-Curt

Not bending anything. I spent quite a while staring at it yesterday. The problem is that the spring and link sit behind the carb and intake tube, so there was no way to see the assembly before taking it loose. Unfortunately lawnmowers went the way of the MB engines, and all are encased in prastic, because the bowtie schmicks don't want you to know there is a BS (or tecumseh in this case) engine inside. I really liked the ol 1970 vintage lawnboy i usta have. It was honest.

After staring at it for hours yesterday, i decided I could hook up the link and leave the spring off and get it to run. By turning in the idle stop to give it some gas, I can get it to run better than it had been running. Apparently this engine is known for searching. I like it better this way than searching, but have not mowed with it yet. the rain started before i had it running.