Reminds me: I still have in my tool box coupla nice open end wrenches that I confiscated after finding them TWICE wedged in between flaperon actuator and underside of wing spar on "my" B-47E during a major periodic inspection and repair. (Flaperon is part of the flap that spills with aileron to aid roll control at slow speed and is hydraulically operated at 3000 psi. When sitting on ground, flaps down, if auxiliary power is applied to aircraft, hydraulic pressure would instantly return flaperon to normal down position and shove wrenches through wing spar.) 'Bout midmorning one day in periodic inspection hanger, I found the two wrenches there. 'Removed them, found offending flight controls mechanic, scolded him for his carelessness and stupidity and told him, "If I find such as that again, the wrenches will be MINE." 'Came back from lunch and found the wrenches in offending/dangerous position again, therefore, wrenches still in my tool box.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:46 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] New driver seat is in wow

The important thing is that you didn't have any pieces left over when you were done.

"Anybody seen my crescent wrench"?

Dan just call me the Shadow

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 12, 2013, at 11:40 AM, "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

BTW, 'just remembered: I used to have B-47's and jet engines lying all over the hanger floor; put 'em back together; worked fine; never got an ATTABOY nor decent pay for it. ;<)

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. Mitchell Marmel" <marme...@gmail.com>