Iowa has nothing. If you look too unsafe, the cops stop you, do an on-site
inspection and issue a warning ticket. Normally, this is just for dead
headlights or taillights.

I've had three or four (forget the count) rock chips in my Benz windshield
since I obtained the car. Doesn't intefere with vision, isn't spidering, so
no reason to fix it.