I injured by back in the garden and was unqualified to remove the hard top on
Frosch for the season.   I figure having two strapping boys (idiots, it turns
out) on hand I could just use them.

I got the front unhooked and pulled the crank to release the rear latch, which
freed the top for removal.  Had the big boy on the street and the smaller one
(13) at the kerb to allow it to be level going back toward the waiting cart.  I
told them to pull up and then hold it straight and stead, then to slowly
advance along the rear to the cart.

Smaller one decided to think, instead of act, and the larger moved faster than
him, so the top is sitting an inch above the deck as they move, it twists and
gouges out the paint on the smaller boy side.  Abrasion on the larger child
side at the fender edge to the trunk.  Now it looks like a bear mauled the top
cover.  Claw marks go to the primer/base in some places and are almost six
inches long.

Anybody have a reasonably simple approach to repairing this?  I am not looking
for a pristine, body shop job.  Just want to fill the gash level, then apply a
coat of paint (DB 861) and mayhap some clear to keep the car from rusting.  The
car will get repainted at a much later date.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers