Call your Congresscritter and see if s/he could spring a $fewk from USAID -- they do all kinds of things like that.

At the state level there might be some kind of fund for doing "educational" things?

ADM, Monsanto, local feed/seed stores, etc. -- they sell all the seed to the farmers, they could get some good PR off it. Hit each up for $1k, that is noise level. Find the state-level manager and give him/her a ring.

--R