Can you get the ticket any cheaper?
Some of the miles programs can get way more dollars worth of ticket for the points on international travel.

The last time I sold miles, I sold United miles to a guy who used my account to book Florida to Australia and Belgium to Las Vegas. He paid 50,000 miles round trip for the Belgian guy's tickets and 80,000 miles for the guy going to Australia. If you could get the Ugandan here for 40,000-50,000 miles, would that make the fundraising easier?
Mitch.

Are the airlines allowing air miles to be used by non-relatives again? Last I knew, they were on you like gestapo if they suspected you were using FF miles that were not your own or from someone with a different last name.

IF it is workable, then donations of air miles may be an option. I will try to find out what airlines are involved. When I went, it was Sabena from brussels and BA back to london. I cant remember which domestic line got me to Brussels and from london to Shicago. Might be BA and whoever their US partner is. Untied?