Hello to all of you smart, knowledgeable, Mercedes Gurus! I think that's the word I want, anyhow, all of you folks that might once again enlighten us about our quirky, but loveable car. My son just keeps saying "get rid of it, sell it to some high-school kid who needs a project". Can't do it! I love driving the old girl! Been having some issues starting it throughout the winter. Usually a jiggle of ignition or the auto gear shifter would do the trick. Some times it needed to roll back a bit and then most of the time it would start. Sometimes nothing will work and we have to drive something else until next time she really wants to take us someplace. OK, with warmer weather, it has been better about starting. Then last week we went to town, stopped at Maverik, reversed and came home. Stopped the car off to the side of the driveway to work in the garden a bit, then got into the car, started it (perfect!) and put it in gear to back up. NO GO in reverse!! Just revved up a bit and didn't move. OK, then forward? Yep, goes perfect! NO noise, no warning. Was a bit low on tranny fluid. That hubby refilled, but didn't make a difference in the reverse. So I'm going to go to town this morning and try to remember to park where I don't have to back up! Else I'll be calling on some strong guys to push it back for me so I can come home. Hope someone can give us some ideas and it isn't too terminal! She probably doesn't warrant a new transmission. We changes the filter and fluid a few years back, the fluid isn't dark or burned smelling. HELP! and Thanks for ideas!! Chris