On 27/06/2013 8:08 AM, Dieselhead wrote:
Hear Hear!

Manual controls with left and right side are light years ahead of ACC. Even my dogdy van has left and right controls. Something MB had for decades, but lost with the adoption (and force feeding in the NA market) of the evil crypsler acc and its sucksessors.

Well, when automatic systems work well, they are great.
My Supercrew has the automatic setup and I like it. I rarely have to touch it.
Just like the house, the thermostat turns it on and off as required.

Randy

Problems are:
1. they rarely work correctly for long, even when new
2. You can't put the fan on low with defrost on the MB pushbutton Acc (jaime calls it acc3)
3.  You can't keep it from running the a/c compressor in the winter.
4.  you can run heat and air cond at the same time.  (gives you drier air)
5. they break often and are EXPENSIVE to fix

the 110/111/112 with cables and NO vacuum pods almost never break in 100s of thousands of miles.
1.  they work "forever"
2. you can put the fan on any speed you want with left or right or bothe set at whatever temp you want
3.  When you turn off the air cond it is OFF.
4.  you can run heat and A/C at the same time if you choose to.
5. most expensive repair I ever had in 40 years and several cars is 6" of 3/4" heater hose and 4 small orings, and a small dab of grease.
6. NO vacuum pods to fail