There are lots of things that can leak on that system besides the evaporator (which is the part inside the dash). Have some do a proper leak check with dye and see what they find.

Changing the evaporator is a 16 hour job by the service book, and it took me longer the first time. If you find dye in the condensate drain when checking for leaks, the evaporator is leaking. Everything else is in the engine compartment.

While i have two bad evaporators, the other things I've replace over the years on these cars are:

compressor manifold seal o-rings (twice).
front compressor seal (twice)
o-rings in the lines many times
high pressure line between condenser and receiver/dryer (two so far, probably a third on soon)
Condenser on the TE
pipe manifold to compressor o-rings (twice).

The later evaporators with aluminum tubing and aluminum coils are not a problem, but the original ones with copper piping fail with monotonous regularity, differential expansion does in the crimped connections between piping and coils every time.

Peter