On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:48 AM, Chris James <c_ja...@gmx.com> wrote:

> Is anyone else following the new CLA?

If by "following" you mean "sighing with dismay whenever I see a reference
to it,"  then, yes.

> In two months the new CLA250 should be finally arriving on dealer lots
> here in the US! 4matic & an AMG version to follow.....

They can't fool me with that "4matic" stuff.  It's still a
transverse-engine FWD chassis.  Real Mercedes have longitudinal engines.

Yes, I know about the A-class, but they don't sell that in the USA, so it
doesn't count. ;)

VWAG pulled the same cynical move when they built the TT (and later the A3)
on transverse FWD Volkswagen chassis and tried to pass them off as Audis.
 A real Audi has a longitudinal engine and AWD.  I am not fooled.

Alex