Nice.  I will store that info away in the back of my brain for future use.

Does sound odd that 3 pumps are not working.  Very curious to know what
would happen if original pump was put back on.

Seeing there is so much trouble I would not have a problem at all asking
how many of these jobs he has successfully completed.  He should not have a
problem with answering honestly as he should understand your doubts.

Mike