Replace the pods/actuators while the box is on the table/bench. I have spoken. ;<)

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Chamberlain" <apchamberl...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2013 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] W124 AC Problem -- '91 300D 2.5T

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Dave Cavner <w123wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Jul 1, 2013, at 7:37 AM, Alex Chamberlain wrote:

>   The pods on the 124 are different from the
> ones on the 123 and 126.  "No user-serviceable parts inside" as it used
> say on the back of TVs.  Best just to replace them all when the dash is
out.

> Alex

Clarification is good! George claims his kits work for all MBs from '81 -
'91. There are also web forums with W124 owners saying they have
successfully used his kits.

You may be right.  The last time I checked into this was about five years
ago and at that time I remember postings from 124 owners saying the
opposite (that Murphy said his repair kit would work on their pods and it
didn't).  I still think that it is better to not scrimp and just replace
them wholesale--you don't want to have to pull the dash more than once!

Alex