> > dseretakis wrote:
> >
> > What should I hope for 30F below ambient?
>
> Jim wrote:
>
> Best I've ever seen is 39 degrees F.  That's on test refrigerant,
> and probably no hotter than 90 out at the time.  Modest humidity.
> Usually mid-40's.

39 F difference?  But usually mid-40 F difference?  That doesn't
make sense!

I'm guessing Jim is stating outlet temperature - not difference.

As I understand, typically with plenty of air flow, moderate
humidity, and lots of compressor RPM the limitation is condensation
freezing on the evaporator and clogging it.  So the target is not a
temperature different but an absolute outlet temperature.

--   Philip, not an A/C expert