Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 07:07:39 -0400
From: MG <trainpain2...@aol.com>
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fan clutch

Yeah I thought of putting in an all electric fan, even have two
different ones to try but I wanted to explore the possibility of
using a part that fit right in. If none of the 617s ever had an
electric fan clutch then I will be on the lookout for one on the
601 in the upull. Do you know if that will bolt up to the 617?

Manfred

Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 19:04:14 -0500
From: OK Don <okd...@gmail.com>

I think your options are to get and try one from a 601 in a W201
- 190D, or
replace the entire fan with an electric fan or two mounted where
the fan
shroud is now. Then you can control it electrically all you want
  :-)