Ah well that is what I was worrying about. I was hoping for more like $140 to $160 range. As far as the turn on point as long as it turned on in the 95 to 100 range it would be fine with me.

I already have a URO clutch on the way for $47 and a thermo for $16. If that doesn't do it then I guess I'm stuck taking out the radiator and cleaning it. Will probably do that in one of those small kiddy pools just to see what kind of garbage comes out. If none the maybe it's time for a new one.

Manfred

Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 07:53:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>

Probably not...?
They're VERY rare and command some money. New they're like $300+.

As installed on a 601 I've never been really happy with them as they don't turn on until the engine is quite hot. I've thought about sneaking a lower temp sensor (there are 3, one for the gauge, one for the fan clutch, one for the aux fan) to see if I could get it to lock up sooner.

Dr. Fatty has an early 617 URO fan clutch for $80, the later is a Behr which is $300+

-Curt