On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Andrew Strasfogel
<astrasfo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rare color and definitely interesting.  I would ask the seller for a list
> of what's WRONG with the car, rather than what works.

Well, it's a W116, so you know that it has a terminal case of rust and
the climate controls don't work, regardless of what the seller says.
And it's an OM617, so you know that it has been run hard and put away
wet, because everyone knows those engines run forever with no
maintenance.

Call me cynical, but I have just about stopped going to look at old
cars for the time being because of so many mendacious, malicious, or
just plain moronic sellers.  I think the last straw was the guy with a
123 240D who told me on the phone that the heat and A/C in the car
worked just fine.  When I got there, there was no belt on the A/C
compressor, and the heat was blowing full force all the time
regardless of the control settings--he told me that the way to control
the temperature was by opening and closing the dash vents.

Alex