Well, the kid was complaining of no brakes and car won't shut off. I fire it up
and it is making an awful injector nailing noise, but louder. I pull the line
off the vacuum pump, and yep, no vacuum. I got it apart today and the yoke that
holds the bearing that rides on the eccentric has failed. My question is this.
I have heard that the injection timing advance device can fail also. Is there
any easy way to tell if it has failed? The springs are intact and nothing is
loose.

Rick
Sent from my iPhone