Howdy --
I am going to replace the rear calipers and hoses on my 91 300D this weekend hopefully. Question - the connections where the hose meets the caliper and where the hose meets the chassis pipe - they are compression fittings IIRC (or they may have a different name - the 2 cones mate and form a seal I believe) -- should I put anything on the threads? Anti-seize for instance? I know nylin is not acceptable....

Thanks -
Larry

they are double flare fittings.

BTB: no nothing on threads.

School of hard knocks: you can put some never seize on the external threads as long as you are "vewy vewy caweful" (quoting Elmer Fudd) not to get any antiseize onto the parts that will touch brake fluid. BTDT.