Yep, I was gonna ask 'bout gnats, too, but then forgot. In middle Georgia (Warner Robins, Macon, etc.), there's a "move" called "the Warner Robins Salute." You simultaneously raise both hands as if to clap, but you bring 'em together immediately in front of the face in an effort to kill as many gnats as possible with one clap. Repeat as necessary, which is often. Same move applies to squiters in MI UP and Greenland. ;<)

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 03, 2013 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] John Deere Diesels

You know, living right on the marsh I expected it to be much worse, but it isn't that bad. Even with all the rain we have had the crop is not that noticeable. It was much worse in Houston. I think the county sprays around but I have not seen the black helicopter around us. The gnats (noseeums) are much worse in the spring and fall. Them little buggers are nasty and vicious.

--R