Hendrik, for an Aussie you are quite billiant.

I think "trades welcome" would add a little cachet.  Other tried and true
descriptors include:

"These cars are known to last for a million miles or more"

"Some rust, about the size of a quarter" indicates that you are honestly
reporting a negligible amount of corrosion.

"Drives strong", "many new parts", "only highway miles "( very useful for
high mileage cars), "never driven in snow" (esp. if you're in the south)
portray an superior vehicle.

The boast of a "five speed transmission" works equally well for cars with a
4 speed manual or 4 speed automatic shifter because hey, reverse is also a
gear!

And my all time favorite:  "Good condition for its age."