Jaime Kopchinski wrote:
Smooth and powerful so far, yes... I'm impressed with how strong the engine
is.  Even at low speeds it seems to have lots of torque.  Not sure about
fuel consumption yet.

These days a "27hp" engine might make 16hp with the factory muffler installed, while an old "16hp" actually makes 16hp in the tractor. That makes the old engines feel really strong if you're used to the new ones.

Mitch.

Another thing we can "thank" snears for. "3HP" saws with 1/3 or 1/2 hp motors. "27hp" engines that might make 16hp, and less than that on a Nebraska HP test.

DIN HP is real. Nebraska HP rating for tractors is real HP also. Everything else is advertising hype.

The 60 DIN HP of a OM616 is real.