To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:29 AM
Subject: [MBZ] Used Engines from Tri-Star

Listers,

The wheels of action are finally grinding to a start in the resurrection of my 83 240D. I'm planning on purchasing a used engine tomorrow from Tri-Star
in PHX. My auto is at the shop in Tucson, and awaiting shipment of the
engine.

Question: How can one really know that the proclaimed mileage on a used
engine like this is anywhere near accurate? It would be in the best interest
of the crooked parts outfit to claim to be selling a nice low-mileage
engine, yet actually to deliver their highest-mileage engine. They are
claiming to be selling me their lowest mileage 240 engine, but as I said, it
would take some genuine honesty not to pull a bait & switch.

I know there's probably no answer to this question, but what have you all
found in your experience? Bear in mind that I am no where near this outfit
geographically and thus cannot do any physical investigation.

Brian
83 240D