On 1/3/06, Curt wrote:

> I know 2 people with relatively recent Jettas both are still being paid
> for, neither has working airconditioning. Both owners agree getting the A/C
> fixed is not worth the hassle the dealer would put them through so they do
> without.
>   These are cars under warrenty...
>
>   -Curt

Curt:

I wanted a Passat for some time.  Bought a 2001 in '03, 40k miles w/great
records.  Between the dealer and the company, this is the last one.  Long
story short, between a Taurus with 80k miles, a 12 year old wagon with 215k
miles and the 50k miles Passat I wanted to sell the Passat and drive the
wagon every day- the wagon was/is MUCH more reliable.

It's a shame- I grew up in Beetles and learned about cars on diesel Rabbits-
had a total of 5, including 2 pickups.

Tony Wirtel