A few years ago when we were rolling out wireless connectivity across
Oklahoma, we found a couple of communities in the S.E. corner that did not
have POTS yet. They relied on CB radio to call from one ridge to the next
one, where someone would use thier POTS to make the call. I don't remember
if they had the radios hooked to the phones on the receiving end or not. No
cell service, no Internet, nada. THey did have a road and electricity,
which does beg the question of why there were no POTS lines, other than $.

--
OK Don
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary