How did you end up with power? or maybe you didn't Maybe a generator? solar? (LOL)

Larryt
91 300d

On 8/28/2013 12:21 AM, Craig wrote:
On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 20:37:22 -0400 Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:

People building houses on 'off grid' property might pay a five digit
sum to have a power line run to their new home, but they won't pay it
for a phone line. The problem with having utilities run to your remote
location is that it won't be so remote five years from now as everybody
else builds around you to take advantage of the power line you just
bought for them.
Which is why we never had power run into our place south of Calhan, CO.
They wanted $16,000 to run the lines -- and then we had to pay for the
electricity, too!!!   :-)

Craig