FWIW: Thinking back to an early version of this system, I seem to remember that if you don't have the plugin units on the same leg (most housewiring has a ground and two hot legs with 110v between the ground and each leg and 220v between the two hot legs.) the system won't work or works poorly. If the power panel installer listed the circuits according to location, you might be able to figure out if the the receptacles you will use are on the same leg. The legs are usually divided; one on the right of the cabinet and the other on the left, so it's easy to figure out if two circuits are on the same leg. If the circuits aren't listed, you can run a long wire (I've used a series of extension cords) between the two distant receptacles and check the voltage. If the voltage is 110v it's the same leg; if the voltage is 220v the receptacles are not on the same leg.
Hope my description isn't too confusing.
Gerry