who was it that said "an armed society is a peaceful society" ? Might have been some adjective other than "peaceful" but something to that affect....

;-)
Larry
'Peaceful where ever I go'
91 300D

On 6/3/2013 11:58 PM, Dieselhead wrote:
Illinois has been told that they need to pass a conceal carry ordinance.
Yeah, right - in a state that is even more dysfunctional than DC.

How about something completely different.
Perhaps we need a national ordinance that requires all citizens to
carry, concealed would be better.  Then everybody walking anywhere has
a bulge under their coat or shirt.  Some people may choose to conceal
a plastic piece in the shape of a firearm, others would be loaded and
ready to draw.  Either way, everybody would be cognizant that everyone
else is as dangerous as themselves.  Okay, perhaps there needs to be
something like the FOID that permits special people to not be required
to carry.  Imagine all the regulatory personnel that could be tasked
away from ATF and FOID operations and on to critical transportation
and education infrastructure needs.  We might be a better country?

Don't think too much about this - not any of it is gonna happen.
mao

It would be a much more polite society.