At this point, it sounds like there may be a crack in the head or block.
Perform a dye penetrant check and see if you find anything.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim Cathey
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:44 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Genset

> Have you looked at the surface of the head really close to make sure
> there
> aren't any cracks in it? Does the gasket match exactly the coolant
> passages

I didn't see any, but I'm no expert.  I can certainly look again
when I take it off.  Again.  Water weeps out the head gasket, I
can see it coming out when the engine is running.  But less than
last time, for whatever that's worth.

> from block to head? Was there any evidence that whomever assembled the

> engine

Gasket looks to mate fine.

> before used a light dusting of RTV on one of the coolant passages?

No sign, the old gasket came out clean.

This is really frustrating.

-- Jim