I said....if.....he was using the starter he better have bigger cables than
most folks have.  Simple facts my friend. The wire in a 4ga. set of cables
will not hold up to the current draw from the starter and may burn up when
trying to start a Diesel engine without the battery in the vehicle to be
started supplying some of the current.

I say that is a fair safety warning, not trying to scare anyone.  I have
burnt up cheap cables doing just what I warned about.

Mike

Mike