Sort of an extension of the truck for Jaime thread, but at what point in terms of use do you folks think a diesel makes sense?

I only run about 12K miles a year on my truck, but of that about 8200 miles will be highway miles this year. I do regular runs to the lake which is about a 350 mile round trip and regular runs to North Dakota that would be about 300 miles round trip. Sometimes I haul or tow but a lot of the time the box is empty and we are not towing anything.

Most of my travels are in the spring through fall. From November through March we don't go out to the lake usually.

Around here, the cost of diesel is still lower than gasoline through the summer.
In winter, it is usually higher than gasoline.

I keep trying to talk myself into a diesel pickup.
So far I have resisted.

Randy