I have been curious about this technique for the last few years, toying with
the idea of springing for the $400 or so for the early consumer grade water
oven.  I was deterred by the price and also the lack of space for such an
appliance in my kitchen.  A few months back I happened upon a sous vide duck
breast menu item in a restaurant, and had to give it a try.  It was
astonishingly good!

So, when I happened upon this item:

http://www.amazon.com/DorkFood-DSV-Temperature-Controller-Sous-vide/dp/B0088
OTON4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8
<http://www.amazon.com/DorkFood-DSV-Temperature-Controller-Sous-vide/dp/B008
8OTON4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379616851&sr=8-1&keywords=dork+sous+vide>
&qid=1379616851&sr=8-1&keywords=dork+sous+vide

or

http://tinyurl.com/p7m9d66

for only $99, I had to go for it.  It works with the el cheapo crockpot or
rice cooker you already own.  It can produce meals like those served at the
French Laundry or other top end restaurants with minimal effort.  It makes
the best beef, fish or chicken you have ever experienced.  It can safely
cook rare hamburger or pork or chicken at lower temperatures than would
otherwise be unsafe.  You can cook beef cuts for extended periods of time
(24-48 hours or more) and still have them as rare as you like, but with the
connective tissue and gristle softened by the long cooking.

Does any of you do this?

Greg