Have you installed a skid plate yet?  Highly recommended!

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Curt
Raymond
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:20 PM
To: Diesel List
Subject: [MBZ] OT: The Jetta rides again!

My '98 Jetta TDI hit the road tonight, a quick ride to Autozone to read the
codes (probably a bad vacuum line, more troubleshooting required) and then a
ride to Keene, NH for new tires and alignment, out the door there for less
than $400, score!

Need to make an appointment for a timing belt, water pump and coolant
flush/fill and sticker (once the CEL is dealt with) and we'll be all set.

55 miles total today with nary a snag other than the shifter bushings are so
bad I can't find 5th gear, oh well, getting closer anyway.

-Curt