Sometimes you just have to celebrate the checks and balances form of
government.  We can see it in action now.  It allows no one part of the
government to over power the other, and run rough shod over the governed.  As
long as they keep at each others necks, it is all good.  When it implodes, then
it can be built up clean and sparkly.  Better fit and able to meet the real
needs of the populace.

Local liberal coverage is trying to place blame, but in reading the reporting
of statement made by out states congress critters, they are far more entrenched
in their positions than the right.  Less willing to sacrifice their own pay to
help their staffers, and have a giant sense of entitlement to suckle at the
public teat, while those across the aisle are putting pay in escrow for their
staff, or making a cut equivalent to the one taken by the rest of the federal
employees.

Compromise is not a game the left is willing to play.  So, the show down
continues.

clay