do you get the feeling that you are just around to be a pawn in a lot of
people's rackets?

why is it 1200 pages long other than the keep lawyers and other similar
parasites employed?  how does a man support a law if he doesn't even know
what it contains?  etc

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Rich Thomas <
richthomas79td...@constructivity.net> wrote:

> I actually read a version of the law before the one that had to be passed
> to find out what was in it.  It was like 1200 pages long pdf, but it was
> widely spaced and not much on each page, so it went pretty fast.  the thing
> that struck me about it was how much of it had very little to do with
> provision of health/medical care, and how much asserted that various
> commissions, boards, panels, etc. were to go off and figure it out, without
> a lot of guidance on what "it" actually was.  A lot of it also related to
> other laws that needed to be changed, superseded, deleted, etc. to read
> differently in various provisions of those.  So there was actually not much
> of anything in there that one could divine what was actually meant or
> intended. Most curious, but then I thought about it, and it became clearer.
>
> I questioned a local candidate for the state legislature, who was waxing
> enthusiastic about the PPACA, if he had actually read the law and
> understood it sufficiently to 1) be enthusiastic and 2) vote on things in
> the legislature regarding the law and whatever requirements it would impose
> on the state.  His response was that no, he had not actually read it, and
> did not know anyone who had, at which point I said "I did" and he then
> said, "Well, it is Obama's law, so I am all for it!"  This guy is a black
> democrat, which reflects most of our population in this district, so I
> sorta expected that, but was also disappointed he could not think for
> himself.  He is a nice guy though, and seems to actually do stuff if you
> ask him, so I guess you can't get the whole package.
>
> --R
>

> On 10/4/13 4:22 PM, clay wrote:
>
>> Something passed that nobody read.  Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
>>  It all comes back to bite you in the butt down the road.
>>
>> clay

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars

*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com*