With a bike you are less inclined to go through a busy intersection, you can
walk it across a busy street as a pedestrian or you could ride on the sidewalk
in dangerous spots. You don't have those choices with a moped. A moped
accelerates a lot faster than a bike allowing you to be more daring on the
road.
Don't get me wrong though, a bicycle ridden in an urban environment is also
quite dangerous but not as dangerous as a moped. In a past life, I've cared for
young and old people injured riding mopeds (and bicycles) in urban
environments.  Some sustained, serious injuries, some died and donated their
organs, and others ended up in persistent vegetative states.
Don't do it!!!

Sent from my iPhone