Peter Frederick wrote:
I just revived a 2006 MacBook Pro with flaky video by reflowing the logic board and cleaning fans. I've got some Arctic Sliver 5 thermal paste I will be installing when I get a chance, along with blowing out all the dust from the radiators.

For most uses, I think paste is paste. 1-2°C isn't worth worrying about.

If I had an Apple, or a pc laptop with dedicated graphics, I'd be looking for the best paste I could find. (when the fan died in a friend's gaming laptop last year, I got a new fan and heat pipe assembly, did some searching, and bought the Timtronics 4200 stuff for it)

Mitch.