I'm hoping someone knows something about the closing assist on the W140 models
(Peter?) because I'm totally flummoxed on this one....

My driver's side closing assist does not work.  Passenger side does.

I traced the problem down to a bad microswitch on the door latch, I believe.
The microswitch for the driver's door comes in to the closing assist pump on
pin number 4.  If I ground this pin, the pump runs and the door will close.

>From what I can tell, there are two microswitches on the door latch assembly,
>one for the central locking system and one for the closing assist.

Here's where I'm getting confused:

There are two connectors that plug into the door latch assembly.  One affects
the central locking system if it is unplugged.  The other, if the door latch is
in the closed and locked position, affects the window "drop" function if
unplugged.  This plug has three terminals in it, but the microswitch it is
connected to is only a SPST microswitch with two wires.

Since I can confirm that disconnecting both microswitches affects the requisite
systems, I have to assume they're both working.  What I am trying to determine
is whether I am missing another microswitch that may not be visible, or if one
of the existing microswitches is part of the circuit only going through the
convenience module and somehow not getting a ground to terminal four on the CA
pump?

Later this week I may try a continuity test from the connector at the CA pump
and the connectors at the door latch. However, I figured I would toss something
up on the list in the hopes that someone knows the intricacies of this system
and could shed some light on my problem.

Thanks,

Dan

Schematics for the central locking system:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3khdj3mubq6obi/5715.pdf

Schematic for the closing assist system:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9n6lfzqnwrm6p6/5730.pdf